“Aren’t there days you just don’t feel like working out or eating clean?”
“How do you find the motivation to workout?”
I get asked questions like these all the time. Here are my answers:
Yes, of course I have days where I don’t feel like working out or eating a clean meal every 2-3 hours. I am human! But, on those days, I dig deep and remind myself of my goals and where I want to be at. Once the day is over, I feel a sense of accomplishment that I sucked it up and still gave 110% toward my workout and diet even though I didn’t feel like doing it. It will only reflect in my results, and put me that much closer to my goal anyway. (This is also why I make sure I have a cheat meal on Saturdays.)
I find the motivation to workout through magazines, photos, Facebook pages, websites, knowing my goals and what I want, and quotes. I also find the majority of my motivation through people who have been following my journey. I can’t explain the feeling I get whenever I receive a message from someone wanting to learn more about my journey, how I did it, how they can do it, congratulating me, and the most heart-warming messages of them all – the ones where they are telling me that I inspire and motivate them!
I am always doing research on training, eating clean, and fitness shows. My Facebook and Twitter newsfeed is full of fitness models’ and fitness magazines’ updates. They are constantly posting motivational quotes and photos. I especially love Pinterest for this. I have a couple of boards on there named Fabulous Fitness and Eat Clean Get Lean. They are filled with photos and quotes pertaining to fitness and staying motivated to workout.
I want to share with you my personal top 10 favorite quotes that help me get and stay motivated.
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryuh
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred Devito
- “Fear is what stops you. Courage is what keeps you going.” – Unknown
- “Clear your mind of can’t.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Just do it.™” – Nike
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.”- Arnold
- “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Taras Brown.
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
- “There’s a lot of blood, sweat, and guts between dreams and success.” – Paul Bear Bryant
Do you have favorite quotes you like that help you stay focused and motivated? If so, share them with me!