Lately, I’ve been on a quest to eat as much raw foods and as little processed foods as possible. I have found replacements for most of my foods, but one of the things I haven’t found a substitute for is the protein bar. Most protein bars you buy on the shelf are highly processed food products. Luckily, I found an awesome all natural protein bar recipe on reddit fitness that you can follow to create your own non-nonsense protein bar in your very own home. Here’s are the steps in writing so that you guys can print it out and bring it into the kitchen.
- 70g peanut butter
- 180g whey protein powder
- 90g rolled oats
- 30g ground flaxseed
- 20g maple syrup
- 30g whole almonds
- 150ml-200ml of water
- Combine peanut butter, whey protein, rolled oats and flaxseed in one large bowl and mix it together.
- Start adding water and keep mixing everything using your hand. Keep mixing until there is nothing dry left in the bowl and sticky batter is formed.
- Add maple syrup with almonds and mix it thoroughly.
- Put batter into a 1 gallon ziploc freezer bag (towards the bottom of the bag), flatten the batter, then fold the bag in half.
- Put the ziploc bag into the freezer for 60-90 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 7 equal pieces.
1 Bar Nutrition Content
- 25.7g of protein
- 12g of fat
- 7.1g monounsaturated fat
- 2.8g polyunsaturated fat
- 12.5g of carbohydrates
- 3.2g of dietary fiber
Lazy Man’s Tips
Since you have to keep this protein bar in the fridge anyway, it might make sense for you to skip steps 4 through 6 and just keep the mixture in a bowl in the fridge. Whenever you need a protein boost, just walk by the fridge, grab a spoonful of the mixture and you should be good to go. BAM!